Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Musical Inspiration - 10/26

I've had a couple breakthroughs in the writing over the last couple weeks. After reading Mark Danielewski's "House of Leaves" and Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern" (a long-time favorite), I came up with 10 new chapter concepts for "Impasto" that I think will really help the narrative out.

Each time I describe the project to people, they inevitably ask "Do I have to know anything about art?" and I reply, "No, but if you did know something about art, you'd probably get more out of the book." I'm incredibly aware of the kind of divide the topic might bring to the readership, which is why I'm so excited about these new sections which kind of break down the tools and the methodology of the artist along with their equipment in an effort to give a little glimpse of this artist world to the reader. It might be successful, it might not, but here's what's been helping me knock out pages this week:


Miles Davis - "Blue in Green"


Miles Davis - "Peewee"


Inverse Cinematics - "Detroit Jazzin'"


4Hero - "Conceptions"


The Noor - "Glowing Desert"


De-Phazz - "Nu Chic"


Diya Al Din - "Royal Mirage"


Dj Krush - "To Be Continued"


Dj Shadow - "Changeling (Transmission 1)"

(3,558)

No comments:

Post a Comment