Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Morning Writing Soundtrack

This "Scaring the Stars into Submission" project has been coming along WAY better than I could've predicted two months ago. I'm already 140 pages into it with at least 9 more stories to finish. It's looking to be a little beast of a collection.

I always put together a playlist of certain kinds of music that help facilitate the kind of emotional content I want in my pieces. I'll spend a day or three putting together anywhere from four to sixteen hours' worth of music that I feel will help keep me focused while working on a particular project. Here are a few youtube videos of some especially excellent things I've been using as inspiration recently.


Dj Spooky - "The Terran Invasion of Alpha Centauri Year 2794"



Aphex Twin - "Rhubarb"



Kiln - "Rustdusk"



Xela - "Under the Glow of Streetlights"



Flying Lotus - "Endless White"



Teargas and Plateglass - "Plague Burial"


(9,650)

No comments:

Post a Comment