Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Artist Profile - Joley Wiley (Kansas City)


Joley Wiley

Joley is a Grumbacher Fine Art Instructor in Lee's Summit, Missouri (a suburb of Kansas City). She currently teaches at the Michael's Arts & Crafts store (14685 West 119th St, Olathe, KS./ (913) 397-0545) and offers several different classes from kids to intermediate level experience in acrylic painting workshops. Thematically, she teaches still life, florals, landscapes/seascapes, portraits, and animal portraits. You can find more information about the details of the classes at the bottom of this post.






Why are you an artist?
It's been a part of me for as long as I can remember.  I tried it, I was good at it, I finally gained the confidence to show my work and people seemed to like it...the rest is history.







What is your inspiration?

That's a tough one.  I'm inspired by things everyday that I never would have considered "inspiring"- peoples' moods, the weather, texture, lighting, nature, photography...my artwork is usually dramatic and bold.  Like my personality, I suppose.







Would you consider yourself a designer or artist or both?

Both. 








What is your philosophy of Art?
There are no rules, no guidelines, no boundaries.  "Art" is a frame of mind.








What is the role of the artist in our society? 
Artists can create an alternative vision for those who can't or won't acknowledge the spirit of creativity.  








Where do you see yourself as an artist in 5 years? 
5 years from now I hope to be doing what I am doing now...sharing my experiences through painting with those who have a desire to learn.







What does art mean to you?
"Art" is someone's soul exposed in a thought-provoking way.  Music, sculpture, painting, drawing...we all have a story to tell and everyone has the ability to do so, regardless of the medium.  Art is a way to express our soul and emotions.







(this link shows lessons, schedules, material lists, student work..etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/JWGRU

Her Classes at Michael's in Olathe:
Every Saturday
Kids Classes (Ages 6-12): 10am-12pm
Beginners (Ages 13+): 12:15-2:15pm
Intermediate (Ages 13+ with instructors recommendation): 2:30pm-6:30pm

Cost:
$25 per student per 2 hour workshop (Kids and Beginners) *plus supplies
$50 per student per 4 hour workshop (Intermediate) *plus supplies


(25,437)

No comments:

Post a Comment