Friday, January 13, 2012

Beat-Heavy Friday

To those that know me, it's no surprise that I love all things hip hop / trip hop / chillout / lounge. You wouldn't think it to look at me, but 99% of the time, the music entering my ear canals is syrup-slow and lush like daydream afternoons. I've had a good week; finished up another 30 pages on "Sugarhouse: A Haunting," won a little bit of money on some lotto tickets (nothing substantial, but still), and got a ton of books in the mail that I can't wait to dive into tomorrow. For now, enjoy some tunes I've recently stumbled across that I've been diggin.












And if you dig these, you should absolutely check out legendary dj Mark Farina's "Mushroom Jazz" series of mixes. The guy has been putting it down forever and constantly finds some of the dopest chillout tracks being put out today.

(5,157)

4 comments:

  1. I really need some sort of daily reminder to come check your blog...

    Though the sudden realization that I haven't, followed by the backlog of reading and listening, is a nice way to waste a workday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. look to your right ----> there should be an email signup that sends you automatic updates when i post something new.

    as for spotify, nah. i don't need more digital clutter than i've already got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every time i mess up a robot test, i suddenly have a wash of paranoia that i may actually be one...

    ReplyDelete