Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Update on Publications in 2014


Right now, the good folks over at Fox Spirit are putting their finishing touches on the 2-volume collection called "The Girl at the End of the World," in which my story "Only So Far" is included. I dig the cover art and everything looks pretty stellar inside. I'm hoping to see the final/finished copy by the end of the summer.

*


Just this morning, my story "The Memory of a Gypsy Moth" went up at Eunoia Review. You can read it here. It's a dark piece (like many of mine), but set in a countryside locale with the remnants of a family. It's not gory, but it's not for the weak of stomach either. 

*

I'd post up a picture or logo from the Serving House Journal site, but they seem to frown on that, so instead I'll just send you to the link where my story "The Department" was published in their ninth issue earlier this year. You can read it here. That was a fun little experience with editor Clare MacQueen as we scrambled to figure out whether or not any part of federal/state laws could be used in a work of fiction verbatim without permission (answer: you can as no one holds the copyright on the language of laws). 

*


Back in May, the Lunch Ticket crew (based out of Antioch University in Los Angeles) published the title piece of my last collection of stories "Scaring the Stars into Submission" in the Amuse-Bouche section of their site. You can read that piece here.

*



The most recent issue of L'Allures des Mots (issue XIII) contains the title piece of my newest collection, "The Machinery of the Heart." I was really really happy with how this one came out and I'm glad the crew over at LAdM liked it enough to want to publish it. You can't read it on the web, but the print issue is absolutely gorgeous from front to back. You can order a copy of it here.

*

And for the moment, that's where things stand on the 2014 publications. I've put a few more new stories out into the ether, so hopefully I'll have more updates in a few months, but until then...write your ass off.


(42,408)

No comments:

Post a Comment