Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Def Poetry Jam

HBO used to show this program called Def Poetry Jam. It was one of the dopest shows on television and presented the viewing public with some of the most amazing poets, lyricists, and rappers reciting their own poetry. If you've got the time, I would HIGHLY recommend sitting down to watch each of these pieces in their entirety.

You'll notice there's only one female poet here. I've been vilified in the past for having a very male-centric view of not only the authors that I read, but also the poets that I listen to. I think once you watch the videos below, you'll understand why I feel more connected to what these cats are saying. I'm not anti-woman by any stretch of the imagination, I just prefer what the guys are doing here.

























 
 



(1,616)

No comments:

Post a Comment